Who We Are
Gloria Charities is a registered nonprofit in the USA under 501 c (3) status. Our mission is to promote education, entrepreneurship, and leadership development among youths in rural communities. We are committed to raising tomorrow’s leaders by focusing on developing students who will rise to leadership positions in the future, as well as supporting their teachers and schools.
Fourteen Incredible Achievements in Just 5 Years, and still counting:
- 2018 – 2023 5 Years of Service and Giant Leaps
- 2018: Donated computers and tablets to three high schools in Ekiti State, Nigeria
- 2018 – 2020: Acquired land for the development of GCI Campus in Nigeria.
- 2020: Community library opened. Same now serves as GCI’s Nigeria country office with staff.
- 2020: Launched Annual Scholarship for college students which has increased in value every year
- 2020: Launched “Tomorrow’s Leaders” Club among College Students
- 2021: Launched Annual Essay Competition among college students, with 15 applicants and 3 winners, giving about 150k Naira
- 2021: Host school recognized among Top 5 Secondary Schools in Nigeria
- 2022: Held first Teacher Conference and Student Seminar
- 2022: Nigerian Board Secretary and GCI #1 Volunteer awarded Best Teacher in Ekiti State
- 2023: Initiated agricultural activities to test the ground for future large-scale investment in farming.
- 2023: The Cricket Club of host school (which we support) won the state championship
- 2023: Architectural designs for technical school buildings completed
- 2023: In year 3 of the Annual Essay Competition, over 30 applicants applied, resulting in 1m Naira given to top essays
- 2023: Inaugurated group to develop proposals for Technical College
What Lies Ahead
Our goal is to pursue our educational mission of supporting schools, students, and teachers in the local communities of Ekiti State which has been known from the 1960s for raising many academic personalities in the history of Nigeria.
The activities in this regard include:
- Development of a technical college to train artisans, middle level workers and self employed small business owners
- Organizing extra-curricular activities in high schools such as science exhibitions, student excursions, debates, and essay writing competitions.
- Supporting schools’ computer and technology education to prepare students for the jobs of tomorrow.
- Providing needy students with scholarships to pay for their college education.
- Supporting high schools with affordable capital projects like boreholes, library books, and computers
- Continue organizing summer education forums for students and teachers